I’ve never written a bucket list before, but I figure the New Year is a good time to do just that.
I will not get to cross off all of these things in 2013, but they are definitely things I want to achieve in my lifetime. Which (hopefully) gives me a considerable amount of time to get them all done!
1. Increase my running distance to 10km.
2. Run a 10K race.
3. Do a photography course.
4. Experience a White Christmas.
5. Lose another 5kg and keep it off.
6. Read The Hobbit and Lord of the Rings books again.
7. Write a song.
8. Take up painting again.
9. Get my nose pierced.
10. Bake my own bread.
11. Learn another language.
12. Do a bungy jump.
13. Go scuba diving.
14. Do some postgraduate study.
15. Visit Italy, Sweden, Denmark and Spain.
16. Renew our wedding vows.
17. Learn to crochet.
18. Take a ride in a helicopter.
19. Visit parts of NZ I haven’t seen.
20. Walk to the top of Rangitoto.
21. Go to Disneyland.
22. Take up shooting.
23. See Kings of Leon in concert.
24. Practice the piano more.
25. Hike the Milford Track with Rob.
26. Join a barbershop chorus or quartet.
27. Learn how to waltz.
28. Go white water rafting.
29. Solve the Rubik’s cube.
30. Get front row seats at a musical.
31. Visit the Leaning Tower of Pisa.
32. Become ambidextrous.
33. Write a book.
34. Swim with the dolphins or whales.
35. Go to the Louvre.
36. Race a sports car.
37. See the Northern Lights, Alaska.
38. Do a wine tasting course.
39. Ride in a hot air balloon.
40. Pay off my mortgage.
41. Have high tea at the Plaza in New York.
42. Get another tattoo.
43. Watch the All Blacks play Australia at Eden Park.
44. Create my family tree.
45. Plant a vegetable garden.
46. Go on another overseas mission trip.
47. Donate blood.
48. Make my own churros.
49. Sit on a jury.
50. Build a pool in the backyard.
51. Keep a gratitude journal for a whole year.
52. Write for a magazine.
53. Become a mentor.
54. Go on safari.
55. Kiss in the rain.
56. Live in a foreign country.
57. Travel the length of NZ in a campervan.
58. Audition for a game show.
59. Go on a cruise.
60. Be part of a flash mob.
I hope I get to do all of those things! Even half of them! Many of them require money that I don’t have (like most of the travel-related ones) but since neither Rob or I did a ‘big OE’ before getting married and having kids, we are hoping to have ours after they leave home. If we can afford it.
I think it will be interesting to see in a year’s time just how I have done with my list.
What about you? Do you have a bucket list?