And guess what? She chose me (ME!) as the first recipient. Wow.
So how does it all work? As Teeni says, “The Blog Friendship Box is a cross between a meme and a Pay It Forward kind of thing”.
As with all memes, there are some rules to follow if you receive The Blog Friendship Box:
1. You have 3 weeks from when you receive The Blog Friendship Box to pass it on to one other blog buddy. You can choose a blog buddy by having a contest on your blog, or by just picking someone.
2. Before you pass on The Blog Friendship Box, you must alter it in some creative way – like painting, adding a ribbon or button or sequins, but only ONE application can be applied at one time by any blogger. So you can’t paint it AND add buttons, etc.
3. Before you pass on The Blog Friendship Box, you must place a small gift inside. This may be a joke gift, a handmade item, a nonperishable good, a poem of your own, etc.
4. Before you pass on The Blog Friendship Box, you must take a photo of it (if you have a camera). Then you must post the photo on your blog so everyone can see the way it changes in appearance. You must also include the links of all the past blogs that the box has visited.
5. The Blog Friendship Box MAY be sent to the same person more than once. However, it cannot go back and forth between the same people. So, there must be at least a total of 5 different people on the list of links before sending it to someone who has already had it.
I decided to alter the box by adding some (very patriotic-looking) ribbon! I wonder if all the coverage of the US election on TV this afternoon made me gravitate towards this red, white & blue specimen? ;-)
I must admit it was very difficult for me to stop at ONE application, because I feel like it doesn’t look “creative” enough. However, a rule is a rule, and I’m a stickler for them! Here’s what the box looks like now:
I have decided to send the box to Hay at Where Karma Meets Camera. She is such a sweet person, and deserves to receive some love-in-a-box. Hay was kind enough to recently gift 30 of her original photographs to her blog readers, in honour of her 30th birthday. I received a gorgeous print called “How Deep Is Your Love?” which I am going to frame and hang in my bedroom. Just one example of how sweet this girl is!
So Hay, keep an eye on your mailbox – I will be posting it tomorrow! And here is a list of links that you can copy and paste to your blog when the box is ready for its next destination:
I can’t finish this post without telling/showing you the lovely gifts Teeni placed inside the box for me:
The lovely sentiment card reads: “Do not wish to be anything but what you are, and to be that perfectly.” -St. Francis De Sales.
The Instant Weight Loss box really made me giggle. Here’s what it says on the back:
Become a size 2 instantly with our elastic tape measure, special stick-on clothing labels, and scale sticker. Enjoy guilt-free eating with our “Zero-calorie” nutrition labels. With Instant Weight Loss, you’ll be skinny in seconds!
Absolutely brilliant. And a heck of a lot easier than doing Weight Watchers! ;-)
Separate to the Friendship Box, Teeni was kind enough to send me these very cute salt & pepper grinders:
I saw these on Teeni’s blog a little while ago, and thought they were very clever. They have magnets on the back, so you can keep them on the fridge. I’ve decided to keep mine on the oven (also magnetic), where they will be nice & handy to use during cooking. You just squeeze the handles together to grind them.